Saturday, April 07, 2007

Everybody Lies


We need more contracts in life. From the little "I'll meet you there at 8" to "I'll always love you" to "The check is in the mail." Which brings me to the rant of the day, i.e., The Check.

I just left a job where I was quickly promoted from a $10/hr admin asst to Manager. No contract. Just verbal (can you see what's coming?). I was then promised $600 a week. Promised, but not written on paper. I took work home (which was not required), hired people for them, set up interviews, wrote manuals and contracts, etc.

When the unscrupulous liar of a GM I worked for decided I should not be a manager after all, he took back all of his financial promises and just gave me $10/hr for the hours I was on-site! Nothing for the hours I worked at home. Bastard.

People lie.

It hurts when it's a lover, but it pisses me off when it's someone who actually owes me money. It's not enough to take legal action - it's just a power play because he writes the checks and he's not paying for services rendered.

Have I learned this lesson now? GET IT IN WRITING.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home